Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Stretch Armstrong Syndrome

So, for those who don't know I am currently part of a research team working on a project in a local school system. We are gathering information about a specific intiative that has been put in place to help schools that have been designated "in need of improvement". Today was an interview day...can I just say...Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!! I did not have the tape recorder on! What a stupid mistake...I am really frustrated...of course I did wake up at 5am...more argh...you all know I am NOT a morning person. Now I have to reconstruct the meeting/interview from memory..good news is I went to the other school and tracked down the person who has not been returning my calls...I fell like I am practicing stalking :)
Lately I feel like I am being pulled in a hundred directions...work, classes, conferences, volunteer stuff, GSA, family..no down time ...I am supposed to get my nails done tomorrow and Ethan asked me if "is it important?"...I said "hell yeah! It is important to me!" :) I didn't make it to the gym last night and wont be able to go at all this week...that sucks...now I gotta be really careful about the calories...
I guess the mood of the day is not happy...still...R comes into town tomorrow and I am hoping to get a bit of quality time with her...and then I have a conference on Friday and J and I are staying in a hotel! whoo hoo!
So- the question of the day...how do you say no? I am so bad at that...the hero complex allows me to overcommitt...advice?

No comments: